Monday, October 11, 2010

Uncle Yasu

Yuuki and Sosuke were able to spend some quality time with Uncle Yasu yesterday. Yasu came home to Tokyo from Takamatsu for the long weekend. It was raining in the morning, but it cleared up beautifully and turned out to be a gorgeous autumn day. Yuuki and Sosuke played with their uncle while my sister and I made lunch. It had been a while since just the three of us got together, and we all really had a great time talking and making fun of each other, the normal brother-sister stuff. Yasu, being the youngest of us all, is good at making us laugh. There were times when we hated each other's guts when we fought as youngsters, but now I appreciate the existence of them more then ever. I am so lucky to have such great siblings I can trust and have fun with. Although it's hard to say upfront, I really thank you and love you guys, Yumi and Yasu!! Thank you for supporting me and being there for me always. It really makes me want to have more children for Yuuki.





After we had lunch and played around with the two monsters a bit, we walked to Daikanyama, a hip area with niche fashion shops and delicious desserts. We shopped around a little at La Fuente Daikanyama, (too bad there is no English website) a small department store that handles a lot of imported baby goods. 

Yumi had to leave to make dinner for her husband, but Yasu and I went to Caffe Michelangelo to have some coffee. The many trees around the restaurant give this place a great ambience which almost reminds you of a cafe in Paris. I grabbed a panini and made it an early supper, since Mizuki is gone on a business trip. We had a seat outside, and we enjoyed the autumn air as the sun set and the sky turned pink and then purple. It was just the perfect day for a late coffee (preferably a glass of wine) outside. Thank you Yasu for the panini and great company. 






Yuuki messed up Uncle Yasu's Iphone!! Oops.