Friday, October 1, 2010

BALS Tokyo

On Tuesday, my mother and I took Yuuki for a walk to Nakameguro. The air felt nice and clean after the rain, and from the wind you could smell autumn. I used to hate autumn in Tokyo, it felt so lonely with the days getting shorter and the cold wind stinging your cheeks. Now, I am beginning to like the long nights and the nostalgic atmosphere it brings. Many things have changed since I gave birth to Yuuki.

In Nakameguro, we shopped around at BALS Tokyo. BALS Tokyo is kind of like Fred Segal in LA - it's a department store that handles high-end lifestyle merchandise - anything from furniture to plates and cups to candles and food. They also have a hair salon, a nail salon, a pet salon, a wine shop, and a cafe. Unlike many shops in Tokyo, it is very spacious so it's easy to shop around in with a stroller, too.

We still have to buy some furniture for our house, so I love to look around here!
This sofa's pretty nice, mommy!

After we shopped around a bit, we had tea at the cafe called Salon de huit. Yuuki is just so curious about everything these days, we need to keep a very close eye on him!!