Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Picnic at Setagaya Park

Today, Yuuki and I went to Setagaya Park, which is about a 15 minute walk from our house. I brought a bento box for Yuuki and I and we had a fun little picnic with just the two of us. We were having a great time when a cute little old lady came up to us and asked me if I had a camera. 

"Do you have your camera? I saw you two from over there and it was such a lovely sight I had to come and take a picture of your little picnic for you!"

After she took some pictures for us, she said, 

"You are so happy to be able to spend time like this with your baby. You should be grateful and cherish this moment because it is not long before they grow up."

Somehow it brought tears to my eyes. I knew I was happy and I knew that time with Yuuki was precious, but had been feeling like maybe I was being left behind from the world, not working and staying at home. I had been struggling with the idea of working again but not being able to for childcare reasons. 

Then all of a sudden a lovely old lady comes up to me from out of the blue and tells me it's ok to be having fun with Yuuki, tells me I should seize this time with him. It was so random but exactly what I needed. 

Life has strange ways to tell us things.